Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Articles submitted to Islam and Civilisaitional Renewal should be between 4,500 and 8,000 words in length.
- All articles should be accompanied by a 150-250 word abstract, outlining the aims, scope and conclusions of the work, but not containing sentences from the article. All abstracts must end with a list of five to ten keywords.
- All articles must conclude with a set of actionable policy recommendations, preferably in bullet point form.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses 12-point Times New Roman font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Ensure all end-notes and references are present and conform to the in-house style
Peer Review: All received articles will be evaluated by specialised referees. Selected articles will be returned to the writers with reviewer comments along with the Editorial Board decision regarding their publication. The editorial board may not give reasons in cases where articles are far below the expected standard for publication.
Editorial Process: The Editorial Board holds the right to make any necessary changes in the approved articles for publication upon consultation with the writers. Stylistic, linguistic and limited editorial changes may be done by the Editorial Board itself. No changes are allowed after publication.
Proofs: After acceptance for publication, the article will be copy-edited. On completion, the author will receive a set of page proofs in PDF format sent to their primary email address. They will be asked to check for any errors; at this stage only minor corrections will be permitted. Authors are expected to correct and return within 48 hours.
Copyright and permissions: Authors of articles assign their rights to IAIS Malaysia and will receive a Copyright Assignment Form for signature upon the acceptance of the article for publication. Contributors are responsible for obtaining any permission needed to make use, in both print or electronic media, of extensive quotations, photographs or other illustrations in which they do not hold copyright and for ensuring that the appropriate acknowledgements are included in their manuscripts.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.